2016 Presidential Election Thread

Discussion in 'The Spirit of the USA' started by Richard67, Feb 14, 2016.

  1. Julia

    Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

    I turn to the French News programme sometimes and Al Jazeera just to avoid hearing the latest sex scandal.

    It is as if the BBC is obsessed with sex scandals. It appears many senior political figures and God only knows how many elite individuals were abusing children since the 1960's. It seems to have been in orphanages. And to my utter horror, I heard one man who seems to be in the know say, there were tens of thousands of children abused. I can't even put the number I heard mentioned, it is not possible to get my head around it.

    Every time they try and put a group together to investigate, it falls apart. The only conclusion I can come to is, the minute they realise 'who' was involved in the sexual abuse of children; they run for the hills. There must be high court judges, lawyers, barristers, high profile police, high profile everything else that exists in the UK for such fear of facing the truth.

    I think the illumination of conscience will be a great healer for those who are keeping dirty secrets. That is if they don't die of terror when they see they were Recorded on the Heavenly Candid Camera every second of their lives from the day they were conceived. There are no secrets from God.

    On the other hand those who managed to get to the grave without being exposed and brought to account like Jimmy Saville will be suffering the pains of hell if they did not repent before they drew their last breath. God have pity on the abusers. Don't they know their behaviour is on record in Heaven where only the Truth prevails, no matter who you are connected to on earth.

    There is also talk of one of the Diocese here in the UK being sued for millions (of our church offerings) over Priests who may or may not have been abusers too. The same old same old we hear of in USA. Funny how the Catholic Church is the only one who pays the price. And for sure the tens of thousands of abuses came from across British society, and no one gets sued for millions and millions, just the remnant practising Catholics get to pick up the bill. Same old same old.

    Come, Lord Jesus, come with Your Justice and Peace. Restore our nations to decency, honesty, innocence, integrity.
     
  2. Beth B

    Beth B Beth Marie

    Your right...it's the globalist that fear Trump the most....banks too. I keep hearing that an effort to eliminate cash is underway globally. I hope trump doesn't buy into it. Total control over all of us if they succeed.
     
  3. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    Beth, I actually prefer to read. I haven't the patience for radio, tv or even videos. Even when someone posts a video on here I try and get a transcript of it. I'm probably a bit odd.

    I do find Breitbart and Drudge quite good. They were the first to reveal the New Year sexual assaults in Germany which the mainstream had attempted to suppress and they got Brexit and Trump right.
     
    FatimaPilgrim, Sam and Beth B like this.
  4. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    As flawed as are many in the Catholic Church, She still takes responsibility. Nobody else is prepared to do so, individually or institutionally.

    Your post is a great description of Reality. People forget that the Past and the Future are always Present to the Eternal. There's going to be some wigs on the green on Judgement Day. It'll be eye-opening to discover what really happened in every event. Of course, I'll be rather embarrassed myself too!
     
  5. Beth B

    Beth B Beth Marie

    I agree...without the alternative online news sites, mainstream media would suppress even more than they do now.

    Awww....if your a reader, then you're the smarter. I'm more visual and I love you tube...not tv so much. Talk radio is good for me because I can multitask with it....can be entertaining too :)
     
    DeGaulle likes this.
  6. Dolours

    Dolours Guest

    The financial experts expect banks to do very well under Trump because he is likely to undo some of the regulations. In a world where love of money has replaced love of God, big banks will always wield power. No Rothschild will know what it's like to stand in a dole queue or receive an eviction notice. Regulations are only as good as the regulators and the methods for implementing them (as we discovered to our cost).

    The biggest con job in our lifetime has been the manipulation of working people in Western democracies where they were somehow persuaded that their greatest priority was the right of gays to marry or women to abort their babies, despite the vast majority of them never being likely to avail of either "right". That's what grabbed all the attention as their jobs were either moved offshore or franchised out to agencies importing and exploiting immigrants willing to work for half the wages so long as it came with a chance of citizenship and a better future for their families. Now, when they are waking up to it in some countries like France and Britain, it's too late as they watch the younger generation take to the streets in the name of some other "social justice" issue while technology does away with multiple more times jobs than it creates. When those misguided students studying for a BA in BS wake up to the fact that there is no Utopia, it will likely be too late for them because the market they are being equipped for (politics and journalism) is already flooded with people similarly qualified.

    Trump will only appear to slow down globalisation unless voters hold his feet to the fire - and not just his feet but the feet of all politicians and influential organisations. (Podesta knew what he was doing with his Catholic Spring). What are nowadays called the "centre" right and left are on the globalisation gravy train because it promises greater wealth for one side and a regular supply of new voters for the other. Both sides see it as the means of gaining power. Already the European politicians are talking about making it fairer and will continue that spin until after next year's elections in France and Germany. Then they will work out a framework for Brexit and get back to business as usual. France is their biggest worry because the French, reared on the "glories" of the Revolution, aren't as passive as their neighbours. Trump isn't really the right person to stop or reverse it and he can't do it alone even if fully committed. The best any of us can hope for from him is a change of personnel, especially at UN level, that might include people who won't sell their souls for a taste of power. It would be a major achievement if he could reform the US education system, getting it back to teaching youngsters how to think rather than what to think, but most of us won't live to see the fruits of such an achievement. Best to put our trust in God rather than politicians.
     
    Mario, Beth B and DeGaulle like this.
  7. Fatima

    Fatima Powers

    The Pelianito Journal

    Those who dare to mock God…- November 10th, 2016

    Daniel 5:26-28 This is the interpretation of the matter: MENE, God has numbered the days of your kingdom and brought it to an end; TEKEL, you have been weighed on the scales and found wanting; PERES, your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.’

    “My beloved, no earthly kingdom that tramples on God’s Laws will stand. How many earthly kingdoms in your day revile the laws of God and blaspheme his holy Name? The legacy of these corrupt rulers is death—and division and death to their kingdoms. God will not be mocked. Those who dare to mock God write the script of their own demise. And corrupt rulers who act on behalf of those they are meant to serve, bring division and death to many. You, however, must not despair, but continue to pray in the Divine Will for the coming of the Kingdom of the Divine Will. Then, my laws will be written on the hearts of all and no one will disdain them, for all will love their beauty and wisdom. The people of this age are blind to Truth and Beauty. Pray for the scales to fall from their eyes. I will pray with you.”

    O my beloved Jesus, I pray with you in the Divine Will that the scales will fall from the eyes of all who are blind to Truth and Beauty. I thank you for this call to prayer and I beseech you fervently in the Divine Will for the coming of the Kingdom of the Divine Will. O Jesus, come and do not delay. Maranatha! Come, Holy Spirit with your Fiat of Sanctification. I beg you, come!

    Is there a country left that does not trample on the law's of God?
     
    Beth B, Patty, Elisa and 2 others like this.
  8. Beth B

    Beth B Beth Marie

    You got it Dolorus.
     
  9. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    I read drudge and watch O'Reilly and Meghan Kelly on Fox. I watched CNN after the election and I think I was getting too much enjoyment in watching their reactions. Then they started to concern me when their shock turned kind of angry and were just too focused on grouping people by race and gender. It was making me feel sick, so I just watch my 2 Fox shows again and read what sounds interesting on drudge. I used to listen to talk radio too, but found myself getting too wound up about my country. I used to listen to it for hours, thinking I would be missing something if I didn't listen. But then I realized that I don't need to listen to talk radio all day to know my country is in trouble. The drudge headlines tell me all I need to know and more information gets me wound up and angry. I think I would listen to Laura Ingraham, who I do really like, but her show hasn't been on locally in years. When in the car I listen to EWTN until nightfall when I lose the channel, which happens early these days. When that happens I listen to sports radio, where in Boston we can't get enough of our sports teams...well because most of them are really, really good. I feel bad for the rest of the country.
     
    Beth B likes this.
  10. Byron

    Byron Powers

    I'm worried. Trump's pick for the CIA is very troubling. Pompeo does not want to pardon Snowden or Assange. And that's a shame. Especially with Snowden, who is truly a whistleblower.
     
  11. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    Your words I've bolded point to the true racists and sexists-those who look at other people and this is all that registers to them.
     
    Dolours likes this.
  12. Richard67

    Richard67 Powers

    Julian Assange is not an American so I don't think the same rules apply to him that apply to Snowden.

    Snowden's case is much more complicated. The Deep State wants to punish him because they claim he put the identities of American intelligence operatives at risk. Snowden claims he was forced to go rogue and offshore due to the lack of whistleblower protection for government contractors, the use of the 1917 Espionage Act to prosecute leakers, and his belief that had he used internal mechanisms to sound the alarm, his revelations would have been buried forever. I really don't know what to make of Snowden, and I don't think Putin really knows what to make of him either. The Russians might genuinely feel that he would not receive a fair trial if they extradited him to the U.S. or they just might not trust him and may have concluded that he is in fact a double-agent: in either case, Snowden will probably never leave Russia.

    One thing is for certain in my opinion, formed as it is by Catholic teaching: even if Snowden is guilty of espionage, he does not deserve the death penalty.
     
    Byron and DeGaulle like this.
  13. Dolours

    Dolours Guest

    Didn't Eric Holder call for Snowden to be let off the hook? I think it possible that Obama will pardon him. Not a chance, however, that the Democrats would pass up a chance to get their hands on Assange, and they will scream blue murder if Trump declares him to be of no interest to the US. He has been interviewed by the Swedish police at the Ecuadorian embassy in London, so it is possible that the Swedes could drop their charges against him.
     
  14. Richard67

    Richard67 Powers

    If Snowden was working as a double-agent all along, then I predict that Obama will pardon him. I still believe that he will never leave Russia because I don't think Putin fully trusts Snowden to let him go, even if Obama pardons him. It does just seem almost unbelievable that the most sophisticated intelligence apparatus in the world would let someone like Snowden steal the amount of classified info that he did, then slip through the cracks, and then conveniently end up in Russia to be used as another talking point with which to demonize Russia. Snowden was either extremely lucky, or the American Deep State is extremely incompetent, or Snowden is actually a double agent. Sometimes it makes my brain hurt trying to work out all the possible scenarios.
     
    Dolours likes this.
  15. Elisa

    Elisa Powers

    I do not know when the Warning will come, but people are so far away from the Truth, that I really do not think this will take much longer. The Second World War happened because people were sinners, but now Good is considered as Evil and Evil is considered as Good. Everything is UpSideDown. How worse could it get ? We are already at the bottom. The "respect" for abortion, for mariage between men, the practice of Reiki in the European Institutions, teaching little childeren that they can choose to be a girl or a boy, pretending that we are not born as girl or boy but as a "neutral" being and so much more evil matters, the selling of books of esoterism etc. (a lady right now on the phone recommended me this, when I was looking for a religious book with title, because I received a gift voucher from colleagues as I left that work because of the end of the contract). I said "Lady, this has nothing to do with religion, this is occultisme, this is coming from the demon to harm us and can even damage your store. It is very dangerous". Her answer: silence. How ignorant people are ! And then she said: "well, colours and tastes cannot be discussed." I said "the actual colours and tastes are Bad ! People are not informed correctly". We are just exhausting ourselves in explaining... if they are willing to listen to our explanation.... NO GOD, Your Limit must have been reached now, because we, with our sins, we already think that the world has gone far too much in sin. Jesus, show OUR SINS so we receive another chance to come back TO YOU before we die and receive a free one-way ticket into Hell.
     
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Jeanne, Sanctus, Patty and 1 other person like this.
  16. Richard67

    Richard67 Powers

    When 45% of Catholics vote for a Presidential candidate who supports the intrinsic evil of abortion, then a chastisement may indeed be close.

    When Cardinals oppose Cardinals, Bishops oppose Bishops, the Vatican appears to favor a pro-choice candidate for President of the United States placing Immigration over Abortion as a primary concern, and confusion reigns among the laity, then a chastisement may indeed be close and a Warning would be welcomed.
     
  17. Elisa

    Elisa Powers

    I do not think that the Pope favours a pro-choice candidate for President of the U.S.A. He never said this, I think.
     
  18. Richard67

    Richard67 Powers

    I said "the Vatican" because it is hard to tell exactly what Pope Francis thinks, but the multiple attacks on Trump in the runup to the election were obvious enough although ambiguous enough to maintain a degree of plausible deniability. I'll give Pope Francis the benefit of the doubt and hope that he is just misinformed on the issues. I'll also leave open the possibility that the wolves have indeed found a way into his inner circle:

    How the Vatican Views Trump’s Presidential Victory

    Views are mixed, ranging from ‘incomprehension’ and ‘shock’ to optimism that a Republican presidency opens new possibilities for cooperation.

    Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin was among the first in the Vatican to react to Donald Trump’s election as the 45th president of the United States.

    Speaking to reporters in Rome Nov. 9, he congratulated Trump and said the Holy See respected the democratic wish of the people. He noted the high turnout and gave the Holy See’s “best wishes to the new president, that his government can be truly fruitful.” The Church would be praying for him, he said, that the Lord “enlighten and support him in the service of his country, but also that he work for well-being and peace in the world.”

    “I believe that, today, we all need to work to change the world situation; that is a situation of grave wounds, of severe conflict,” Cardinal Parolin continued. He said the future president had “already expressed himself in terms of a leader,” but it was “too soon to judge” his presidency.

    Pope Francis hasn’t commented himself, although he did respond to the prospect of a potential Trump presidency in an interview conducted the day before the election and subsequently published online by the Vatican newspaper L’Osservatore Romano.

    Asked for his opinion about Trump, Pope Francis replied, “I don’t make judgments on people and on political men. I only want to understand the sufferings that their way of proceeding causes the poor and excluded.” The Pope shared his comments with Italian journalist Eugenio Scalfari, the atheist publisher of the Italian newspaper La Repubblica, in an interview published Nov. 11.

    Pope Francis clearly hasn’t favored Trump’s policies on immigration, a subject close to the Pope’s heart. He made this point most directly on the papal plane returning from Mexico in February, obliquely referring to Trump when commenting that people should build bridges rather than walls and that anyone who wishes to build a wall “is not Christian.”

    Generally, Vatican officials have mixed views about the U.S. election result. One senior Italian official in the more traditional wing of the Church said he was “jumping for joy” at the news. Like a number of other Italian officials, he was most pleased because American voters didn’t choose Hillary Clinton, due to evidence of her campaign leader’s dismissive attitude toward Catholicism, her extreme positions on abortion and same-sex “marriage,” and personal corruption. Other well-informed priests saw the result as a clear rebuke to the mainstream media, who did little to conceal their bias in favor of a Clinton presidency.

    However, Corriere della Sera reported Nov. 10 that, according to its research, most in the Vatican were backing Hillary Clinton as the “lesser evil.” Trump, on the other hand, was considered “unelectable” due to his “aggressive chauvinism,” in addition to his threats to deport 11 million illegal Mexican immigrants and ban Muslims from immigrating to the United States.

    Now that the “greater evil” has won, the Vatican is viewing the United States as “angry and radicalized,” Corriere della Sera wrote. “For the Holy See, it is a bitter defeat, cultural rather than political. Among other things, it indicates that the Catholic Church hasn’t registered the very deep upheavals taking place in the greatest Western country.” A “lot of incomprehension” and “bitter shock” were generally prevalent for many in the Vatican, agreed one U.S. official who spoke with the Register. Based on “failings of reporting,” he said, Clinton was represented as far preferable to Trump, who was portrayed as a “buffoon,” and reporting about Clinton’s shortcomings “never sunk in.” Due to a general lack of understanding in Italy of the U.S. “culture wars,” Clinton’s radical pro-abortion-rights position also hardly figured at all in media commentary.

    As well as seeing Trump as a U.S. version of Silvio Berlusconi — the Italian media magnate and former prime minister — a common perception among Vatican officials is that the U.S. election result resembles the Brexit vote, when the majority of the British electorate, having lost confidence in the European Union, voted in June to leave the economic and political bloc.

    According to others in the Vatican contacted by the Register, they and their colleagues recognized that many of those who voted for Trump felt disrespected by the political establishment, but the officials themselves seemed generally open to what the future holds under a Trump presidency. Republicans, said one optimistically, “tend to work better with the Church.”

    In Nov. 9 comments to the Register, Cardinal Raymond Burke, patron of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, signaled a similarly hopeful note, saying he was confident Trump would follow the “long tradition” of U.S. presidents, in terms of “cooperation and communication” with foreign powers, and said he believes he has a “great disposition” to listen to the Church’s position on the moral law.

    On life issues, Cardinal Burke said, Trump is “right on the money,” but, aware of inevitable areas of divergence with Church teaching, he stressed the importance of Catholics continuing to make objections known whenever necessary.

    Jim Nicholson, a prominent Republican who worked closely with the Vatican as ambassador to the Holy See during President George W. Bush’s first term, predicted Trump will have “a good relationship” with the Apostolic See and the Pope.

    “It’s a victory for working-class people, for underemployed people and unemployed people, people for whom the Pope has great concern, so they have a great amount in common in their priorities,” he told the Register Nov. 10.

    The two leaders “recognize the external challenges of secularism and terrorism,” said Nicholson, who served as ambassador during the Iraq War. “I think they’re both smart men, and they’ll realize that there’s a lot to be gained by them working closely together than by not doing so, by stressing the important priorities they have in common rather than some important things about which they don’t agree,” he said.

    Going forward, Nicholson believes that, given clear differences between Trump and the Pope on immigration and the free market, much is going to depend on “how effective” Trump’s pick for ambassador to the Holy See will be.

    “If [Trump] gets a very good, articulate interlocutor to explain what he wants to do and what his thinking is to the Holy See and to the Holy Father, it will go a long way, because the Pope respects the rule of law; he respects sovereignty. So that’s a very important issue in the immigration debate.”

    “The Pope is also concerned about the humanitarian aspects for people, migrant people, so those are issues that need to be discussed openly, a common set of foundational values about the dignity of people, their welfare,” Nicholson said.

    “Trump and I agree with him on this: that the best thing you can do is help people get a job, help them get on their feet, and get back to dignity of having a purpose in life. That has got to be very consistent with the Pope’s values at a human level. How that’s done on an economic level, they might not agree, so that has to be dealt with.”

    But, overall, he said he thinks “Trump has a healthy respect for the Pope; he recognizes his moral authority. And I think it could be a very enduring relationship.”

    http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/how-the-vatican-views-trumps-presidential-victory
     
  19. Elisa

    Elisa Powers

    Ok sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, I agree that the Vatican should speak out loudly and explain clearly and exhaustively why abortion cannot be allowed and they should in this matter openly defend Trump.
     
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  20. Mario

    Mario Powers

    Amen!:notworthy:

    Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!
     

Share This Page