I have been defending the Pope against a certain "false seer" group,( that wrongfully claim he is the " false pope" ) and they claim that the Pope can not have someone else consecrate him to the Blessed Mother, it will be invalid. It has to be done by himself. I don't know enough about consecrations to argue this point, can someone help me with this ?
I thought I read that he has already consecrated himself and his time as Pope to the Blessed Virgin? I think read this on Spirit Daily. I think anyone can consecrate another person to the protection and help of the Blessed Virgin, no matter who they are, unless of course they are a demon! Our Mother loves all her children on earth and desires all of them to be brought back home to the Father.
Here is a link to I think what I read. Its says he's going to do it officially on May 13th. http://unveilingtheapocalypse.blogspot.com/2013/04/pope-francis-to-consecrate-his.html
Bless you for trying Glenn. I had to delete all that stuff from my FB regarding MDM as I was just getting so upset trying to reason with them. One night I prayed about her and for her and was reading my bible, and just kept asking Jesus what to do about those prophecies, and every time I randomly opened the book, for FIVE times, the writing on the pages said " Many false prophets will come in My name" and "Many will come, proclaiming to be the Christ, do NOT follow them" All I know is that we have our Church, promised to us by Christ himself, and her dogma's and doctrine will NEVER lead us to hell. As long as we are obedient to Her, and do not sin, He will not forget us. This sect sounds SO much like how many, many protestant churches started...... The Demon wants us AWAY from the Eucharist so badly.....
I want to keep this discussion on the Pope's consecration, not Russia's please. I can't seem to find an answer to my question. Thank you.
Ah I see what you mean, the Fatima thing. Since he asked for it and wants it, yes he could. But if he had not asked for it and was not part of it, no. I think ideally he should go to Fatima and do it himself. Unless he has a very good reason not to. But its just a matter of hopping on a plane.
As far as I know, no one can consecrate him, he has to do that himself. I consecrated my unborn children, then they did it themselves as older children. Babies are baptised by adults, but then they go through Confirmation choosing to themselves. He can ASK people to pray for him AND bless him---like he did on the night he was elected, but they cannot consecrate him. There are prayers that actually say, "Bless you, Jesus .... Here are some of the definitions on exactly what a blessing is from some of the different Bible Dictionaries: To bestow happiness or prosperity upon; praise and glorify Pronouncement of God’s gracious favor The act of declaring, or extending through pronouncement, God’s favor and goodness upon others For those of you who were not aware of this incredible privilege that we have already received from the Lord, I will go ahead and give you some of the key verses from the Bible showing you that we have been definitely granted this type of authority and privilege from the Lord. I will then end this article giving you some examples of how you can use this powerful privilege in the name of Jesus. As you will see with some of the examples I will give you below, there is literally an infinite number of things and situations that you can try and bless in the name of Jesus. And when you do bless other people or other situations, real life spiritual transactions can actually take place with the person or situation you are blessing. In other words, the Holy Spirit can actually move to impart the specific blessing that you have just prayed over someone. Read more: http://www.bible-knowledge.com/power-to-bless-through-jesus-christ/#ixzz2SpNfad82 “Otherwise if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the uniformed say “Amen” at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say?” (1 Corinthians 14:16) “But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.” (Matthew 5:44) “Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.” (Romans 12:14)
So now you see my dilemma about trying to justify this action. I don't know why he would do this,this way, because it does raise questions. Ones I can't answer : (
Pope Francis has already 'entrusted' his pontificate to the Blessed Mother This is not 'consecration' per se, but I don't think the Blessed Mother competes with herself over her titles and terminology. It's what is in the heart and intention of the believer that matters most. If this is irrelevant to your question, sorry. from http://themoynihanletters.com/from-the-desk-of/letter-69-mary-and-the-deceiver “To Place His Pontificate at the Feet of the Madonna” Cardinal Santos Abril y Castelló, archpriest of the basilica of St. Mary Major, gave an interview to Vatican Radio about the evening Rosary to journalist Sergio Centofanti. In his remarks, the cardinal revealed that Pope Francis has entrusted his entire pontificate to the Virgin Mary, placing it “at the feet of the Madonna.” On the first morning of his pontificate, “Pope Francis wished to come to the Basilica not only to thank the Madonna, but also — as he told me personally — to make an act of entrustment, to place his pontificate at the feet of the Madonna,” the cardinal said. “He came to ask for the protection and help of the Madonna, being a very Marian Pope. I know that he went very often to visit the national Sanctuary of the Madonna of Luján (in Argentina), and it was not the first time that he has visited the Salus populi romani.”
Anyone can Consecrate another-I think the power of that consecration would lie in the desire of the person consecrated (obviously if they know of it happening). In reality it is a type of prayer, of offering. Sometimes the term "entrustement" is also used. www.divinemercypopes.com
I see now he is consecrating "his Pontificate" (not himself ). Here the story: http://www.santuario-fatima.pt/portal/index.php?id=61512 HERE IS THE GOOGLE TRANSLATION: On May 13 in Fatima, in conclusion to which are invited all the people of God, the pontificate of Pope Francisco will be devoted to Our Lady of Fatima. In response to the request made by the Pope to Cardinal Patriarch of Lisbon, D. José Policarpo, so this consecrate his pontificate to Our Lady of Fatima, the Portuguese bishops decided that this consecration will be done next May 13. The consecration will be inserted in the program of international pilgrimage of 12 and 13 May, the 13th, in time to be announced. The international pilgrimage anniversary of May, in the 96 years since the first apparition of Our Lady to the seers, Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta, will be presided over by the Archbishop of Rio de Janeiro, D. Orani Tempesta.
In English : http://www.dici.org/en/news/portugal-the-pope-consecrates-his-pontificate-to-our-lady-of-fatima/
I still think he would be better going to Fatima himself. Its like getting someone else to do our shopping for us. But no one can do it better than ourselves.