Whether it was engineered or not, it's still a dangerous virus, and a serious threat. We'll probably never know the whole story. I would not trust China to come clean about this.
In this case, the Greek original far supercedes the anaemic Latin, which simply lacked a word (if you can forgive the-accidental-irony) that could properly convey the meaning of 'logos'. Further irony resides in the situation that modern Information Theory seems to be attributing a fresh meaning to the term in that existence is increasingly coming to seem grounded in the Source of Information, 'Knowledge' or 'the Word', thus bringing the Latin into a greater relevance. As we have discovered since Adam and Eve, apportioning to ourselves this Knowledge or 'Word' comes with quite a few hazards. Unfortunately, as AED pointed out above, mankind is exceptionally reluctant to display humility in the face of this Word and easily comes to think that itself is 'The Word' and the source of It. Ozymandias revisited.
In a strange kind of way the reaction to the virus reminds me of reaction to Pope Francis in the Church. People believing what it suits them to believe. Most people want to believe things are fine because it suits them to. The truth is irrelevant.
This seems to be the new way of things in every situation. It is honestly a kind of madness. Dismissing reality or insisting on your own "reality" in the face of truth. It is diabolical disorientation sweeping the world it seems. And maybe just the beginning. Where will we be a year from now?
Even professional, highly qualified Doctors are deluded. Because either they are deluded or ordered to delude
Some sober non-hype doctors on you tube are doing a good job informing us. Dr John Campbell from northern England is excellent. No hysteria. Just medical facts carefully explained. He is a "keep calm and carry on" fellow but even he is seeing some dire prognostications. My husband leaves for Europe on Wed. A trip I was to go on too with our SIL but i am still getting over some respiratory stuff. My SIL is down as well so he and his brother will go without us. I pray for their safety and I cannot deny I am concerned. My sons will be traveling as well for business to various places. Asking the Blessed Mother for special help these days.
On opening scripture asking about this virus I read issiah 50 which I think fits perfectly with your quote This is what the Lord says: “Was your mother sent away because I divorced her? Did I sell you as slaves to my creditors? No, you were sold because of your sins. And your mother, too, was taken because of your sins. Why was no one there when I came? Why didn’t anyone answer when I called? Is it because I have no power to rescue? No, that is not the reason! For I can speak to the sea and make it dry up! I can turn rivers into deserts covered with dying fish. I dress the skies in darkness, covering them with clothes of mourning.” The Lord’s Obedient Servant The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will. The Sovereign Lord has spoken to me, and I have listened. I have not rebelled or turned away. I offered my back to those who beat me and my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard. I did not hide my face from mockery and spitting. Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will not be put to shame. He who gives me justice is near. Who will dare to bring charges against me now? Where are my accusers? Let them appear! See, the Sovereign Lord is on my side! Who will declare me guilty? All my enemies will be destroyed like old clothes that have been eaten by moths! Who among you fears the Lord and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God. But watch out, you who live in your own light and warm yourselves by your own fires. This is the reward you will receive from me: You will soon fall down in great torment
It is incredible how much resources are being directed at an imaginary 'climate crisis', yet the primary reaction to a potentially catastrophic plague is to censor it. Perhaps it is because a lot of powerful and wealthy people wish to see a world with a lot less people in it?
this disease seems like a scourge directed specifically at Communist China, the fact that the number of deaths is progressing alarmingly every day and that practically all victims of the disease are concentrated there makes me think about it.
One of the atrocities perpetrated by the Chinese Communist Party: CJ Werleman examines the role of western businesses in China’s persecution of its Muslim minority. The evidence that China is harvesting and selling forcibly removed organs from executed political prisoners to satisfy global demand for transplants is convincing. Essentially, “Muslims are being slaughtered on demand,” says Ms. Ali, a Chinese woman who witnessed Beijing’s live organ harvesting programme at the Department of Liver Transplantation, Tianjin Taida Hospital, in 2006. Her claims have been corroborated by Enver Tohti, a former oncology surgeon in Xinjiang, who carried out the first case of live organ harvesting in 1995 when he was ordered to remove the kidneys and liver from a Uyghur Muslim prisoner who had been made unconscious from a deliberately botched execution. Last year, a UK panel of lawyers and human rights activists published a report concluding that “China continues to kill prisoners of conscience for organ transplants”, with murdered members of the respective Uyghur Muslim and Falun Gong communities “being used as a bank of organs” and providing the bulk of the estimated 69,300 illegal organ transplants in the country per year. “The conclusion shows that very many people have died indescribably hideous deaths for no reason,” Sir Geoffrey Nice, the tribunal’s chairman, said. Many were “cut open while still alive for their kidneys, livers, hearts, lungs, cornea and skin to be removed and turned into commodities for sale.” Full article here: https://bylinetimes.com/2020/01/29/...rofiting-from-chinas-uyghur-organ-harvesting/
I just read his article from last October. Compelling. The timing of dates i.e. November 15 is like a confirmation.
I know just how you feel. I am also very worried because my 26 year old daughter and her husband are going overseas on an extensive trip for 3 months. They leave in March. I shudder to think what the world situation will be like by then. I pray that they will change their minds but I have not asked them if they have cancellation insurance. Or even if such insurance would cover a Pandemic.The airfares would have cost them multi thousands.