from a site with lots of facts...a reminder to us: The Blessed Mother's real birthday is August 5th. In the first few days of the apparitions, the Blessed Mother was most gracious about the fear of the six Visionaries, and gentle about the personal suffering each was enduring. She told the children: "Do you know my real birthday is August fifth?" The children said no, they did not know that. The Blessed Mother continued: "Would you children like to give me some presents?" The youngest Visionaty, barely age 10 at the time, Jacov sorrowfully blurted, "Dear Blessed Mother, I don’t have any money!" The Blessed Mother smiled joyfully and said: "Oh Jacov, my dearest little one, you don’t need money for my birthday presents! Tonight when you go home, no matter what your feelings tell you, no matter how you are stimulated, rather than speak the pain in your heart, run outside and look at the heavens, and cry out ‘It’s all for the love of You, Dear Jesus.’" Remember to mark you calendar on August 5th, and cry out to the heavens 'It's all for the love of You, Dear Jesus!"
How beautiful!! I'm asking my angel guardian to remind me to do this. A beautiful present to a beautiful Lady. In fact not only for Her birthday, if my angel will keep tapping me on my shoulder!!
I don't remember reading this before, but it is a beautiful and easy thing to do. Say, Do you know your angel's name? They say if you pray and listen, you will learn your angel's name. Does anybody think they know this? Just curious.
I prayed and asked years back and got told, 'Micah'. I suppose it doesn't really matter what your angel is called really, but I thought it a fun thing to do and am glad I did. If I ever get meet him in heaven and he is called Ivan Epereantz or something I'll apoligise to him for getting it wrong but till then I don't think he minds getting called, 'Micah' . :wink: Its nice to have a handle for him , it kinda personalises him so he is not anonymous. The way I did it was to pick a quiet time in chapel and asked him to let me know. Then I listened out for a couple of days in prayer to see if a name came through and sure enough out came, 'Micah'. As I say I found it fun. More fun!! Just typed, 'Micah' into Google and found out it means, 'The word “micah” means “Who is like Yahweh?”' Cf http://bible.org/seriespage/micah Now I am going to try it in Google images and I see: Like I say fun; but if you come up with the name, 'Adolph Eichmann', I'd trade your angel in for a new model. :lol: :lol: :lol: But as I say it seems pretty harmless....and may do some good.
:lol: Only you would say something so irreverent and get away with it. Your angel must just love his job! I'm going to give it a try. Kath
Padraig, I think you heard right, don't you? Somehow, I knew you would know....I most definitely want to do this, I just recently read this, and I think I heard about it before, but back then I wasn't so in tune with my spirituality. I wish I could hear God or Mary speak to me, but I do get things in signs and in thoughts...at least I think I finally can recognize these things now. So it would be a good time to ask my angel or God for his name. Lord knows I ask him to go to people now, and to help my kids and others, which I never did before, so maybe it is about time I know his name. I'll let you know how it goes.
]] Do try. It won't do any harm as I write, and it may do some good. Also, if you are really,really brave and cheeky, ask your angel to let you see him/her, even if it is only a glimpse. they are very,very beautiful and wonderul singers. So ask him/her to let you hear them singing...they are wonderful especially in little choirs. :lol: :lol: Ha! Ha! I will be asking you to let them make you a cup of coffee next!! :lol: :lol: But there's no harm asking...why not? I think with God be a very, very little child, pull God's apron and ask for a lot...He loves us very, very,very much..so be a child, be a little baby, be brave and ask...be a very,very little child, ask, ask ,ask
Padraig, You and the others on this forum have inspired me to connect with my guardian angel. I have been praying to him daily now -- nothing special, just little "thank yous" for helping me out in countless situations. I have neglected this my entire life probably out of ignorance because I did not know that my guardian angel was available to me or that I could even ask him to help me. Also, I have now read two books about angels: Angels and Demons by Peter Kreeft and Angels and Demons by Joyce Cruz. Both were very helpful in there own way. The book by Kreeft was especially instructive. Thanks so much to all of you for guiding me and providing encouragement to reach out to our guardian angels. I believe this is a great resource at our disposal and can really help us keep our armor of God shined and in good working order. Tom
Funny Thomas I have just finished, 'Angels and Demons' , myself. I notice she refers to the pious practise of greeting other peoples angels and even mentions one saint who used to pray to his congregations angels to open their hearts before preaching. She even mentions that each country, city, Church and so on has its own Guardian angel and I think some saints greet these too. I noitced a lovely passage in Saint Faustina's book about her travelling by train and seeing the different guardian angels standing over the Churches as the train went past, which I thought was really beautiful. I find if you pray to the guardian angel of a person who is being awkward, difficult, bad tempered or whatever and ask them to help out it really helps. When I go to Church in the morning there are the most shocking gossips (men mostly) who stand talking in the Church loudly before mass. One man in particular goes from seat to seat with his arms folded yammering away every day, driving me crazy. So I always ask his guardian angel to give him a nudge to shut him up. It never works, but it never stops me asking his angel to fix him for me. I suppose some jobs are too tough, even for an angel. But I'll keep on asking his angel to help out. In the first Sunday after the Easter, in the planned feast of Mercy, the picture of Merciful Jesus was for the first time shown publicly in the Sanctuary of the Holy Mother of Mercy in Ostra Brama. Priest Michal Sopocko preached about Divine Mercy and Sister Faustina saw how many people received graces. When she came back from this feast to the convent, she wrote: “The whole multitude of devils blocked my way, who threatened me with terrible tortures – and it could be heard voices: She took away from us everything, what we worked during so many years. – When I asked them: From where there are such multitude of you? – These malicious shapes answered to me: From hearts of people, do not torment us. Seeing their terrible hatred for me, in this moment I asked the Guardian Angel for help. – And in one moment a bright and radiant shape of the Guardian Angel stood, who said to me: Do not be afraid, My Lord’s betrothed, these ghosts will not do anything wrong to you without His permission. These wrong ghosts disappeared immediately and the faithful Guardian Angel accompanied me in visible way to home.” (Diary 418-419). Did you notice in Marian apparitions angels are nearly always present...for instance at Fatima the guardian angel of Portugal showed up: Here is the most beautiful description I have ever read of angels by Pére Lamy, a French priest. Their garments are white, but with an unearthly whiteness. I cannot describe it because it cannot be compared to earthly whiteness: it is much softer to the eye. These bright angels are enveloped in a light so different from ours that by comparison everything else seems dark. When you see a band of fifty you are lost in amazement. They seem clothed with golden plates, constantly moving, like so many suns.
Kathleen and I posted what happened to us today about our guardian angels' names on another thread. So now I will ask to see him! But i will be careful in how I ask it. Sometimes my prayers are answered in ways I would not expect, or in ways that perhaps I would not really prefer. Like to ask to see him and then say, I have a near-death experience or something. Not exactly the way I want to see him right now, you know? Anyway, it is God's will whatever way He chooses to reveal himself, or our angels, to us. May his will be done.
Ha! if he made me a cup of coffee that I could actually drink, that would be a miracle! (I can't stand coffee!)
Now that I like! And I just bought a big bunch of strawberries to go with it! That and a little whipped cream, angel fluff dream!
Maybe my angel (Carroll) and I can make that for Mary's birthday tomorrow! A fitting cake for Mary, a strawberry angel cake! Strawberries always remind me of little sacred hearts or immaculate hearts, safe in the heart of Mary! Ok, now I'm getting silly, and Padraig, you are probably at Mass. Maybe I'll tune in, since I am still up and it is time. http://www.clonard.com/webcam.html
I always sit right at the very front seat in front of Our Lady's altar to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, which is very beautiful. I go to 7 Am mass. the prist who said the Mass this morning said it so very devoutly like a little old angel himself, his face was almost shinning, I think he must have been praying a lot before he came out, he was just so full of the Holy Spirit. I think one thing about the angels is when we think about them we get little nudges all around us. For instance yesterday I was walking around the park when I met this artist carrying a large silver angel..about four feet , silver with large wings...I didn't notice him at first my eyes were just riveted on the angel sailing along... I wonder where he was going to put it up? I was so sorry I did not have a camera..but if I see it today I will take a picture. I had forgotten that the web cam is on all the time in CLonard. Here is the Shrine to Our Lady, the gold in the picture was made by the wedding rings of the local ladies being melted down; a sign of their devotion:
So what time is mass? If its 3:30AM here, have you already finished? I'd love to be a part by watching from here but I'm not sure my timing is right. I've asked to see my angel too, but no coffee has been made as of yet. I still feel I'm always rushing with prayer, and I need to slow down and listen and watch more in a contemplative sense to be able to really percieve beyond my usual realm but maybe I'm making too much of it. The saints saw the angels without an active prayer (although I may be assuming here) or thinking about it. It just happened. :? Kath, AKA Ted
It is easy enough to follow times in different places with the world clock: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=919 I think when we follow the angels in prayer or our thoughts we knock on the doors of our hearts. I think they are even mor eager to meet with us than we with them. Love brings us closer.
Kathleen, Padraig's 7 am Mass it is at 1am for us here. Not so bad for me the night owl. I did catch part of it last night. Sometimes I think I see the top of your head, Padraig! Do you go up on the alter sometimes as a eucharistic minister? When Mass is going on the camera zooms in on the alter and the priest, and all other times it is zoomed out so you can see the whole chruch. Sometimes you see people walk by at other times of the day. If I am posting between 12 and 1 am, lots of times I see Padraig is online too (as I see hi is now), getting that little bit of computing in before he goes to Mass. Really, I should be in bed so I can get up and go to morning mass myself here at 8 am...I have not made that a good habit yet. I think I am being nudged to do this...I really need to listen to those nudges. This morning I did not want to get up and go to the cemetery (which is where I am now, on a lunch brask). I was not looking forward to the conversations I would have (and did already have now). I kept resetting my alarm for a little later. Finally at 9 am, I heard a voice, for the third time in my life that I remember, right after I hit the snooze for the umpteenth time again...I heard my name, loud and very high pitched, almost like a child (or a chipmunk talking! lol). behind my head..."Connieee...!" like Geez, get up already! Guess it was Carroll! I said out loud, "Okay, I'm up". I have heard my name spoken before, only once or twice ever that I remember, and it was more of a a quiet whisper, not high pitched and loud like this one was. Interesting to happen today. :wink:
Thanks MC- I was having a heck of a time doing the math until I read your post! :lol: Maybe your angel is a cherub! Just a little chubby baby guy. :lol: That would explain the voice! Good to have help once in awhile. I am so tired- was up at 3AM (guess I missed your mass last night by a few hours!) Time for prayers and bed. Night all! God watch overy you, Kath
I am on the night shift at the minute so am not at early mass so often. I think if you keep your eyes peeled you will see me heading across just about first at communion. Here is a little video of me at Our Lady's Shrine, Knock:.