I truly need your prayers.

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Lee, Aug 1, 2010.

  1. Lee

    Lee Principalities

    Today as we were going fly fishing at my husband's favorite spot in the Sierras, he died of a massive heart attack.

    My brother and I worked on him for about 20 minutes, then another team came and worked for another 20 minutes and finally the paramedics worked for over an hour but he was gone. He didn't know our Lord but Our Lord knew him, I trust they connected in the final moments.
    We all need your prayers.
    Thank you,

    Gail
     
  2. MomsCalling

    MomsCalling Principalities

    Oh My, Lee, my prayers go up for you and for your husband tonight. The forum has been very quiet today, as it often is on weekends. I've been checking in now and then today. I am so sorry for your loss, I will pray a rosary for him and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you and your family in the coming difficult days ahead.
     
  3. Catherine

    Catherine New Member

    Lee, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will offer up prayers and intentions for you and your husband at Mass and I will pray a rosary, too.
    Oh, Jesus and Mamma Mary, please console Gail during this difficult time.
    ~Catherine
     
  4. Allyd

    Allyd Principalities

    Oh Gail, I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in all of my prayers and I will offer up today's Mass for your husband's soul I know that our Dear Mother Mary has taken care of him and is in her care right now.
     
  5. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    Gail, I will pray for you and your family - such a terrible shock - and at Mass today I will offer the Eucharst for your husband. God is most merciful and knows your concerns for your husband's salvation - God will not disappoint and will honour your faith. I am so sorry for you and your family at this sad time.
     
  6. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Oh goodness, Gail, what a terrible shock for you!! What a cross!!

    I know that there are no wods I, or anyone else could write at this time that could begin to ease the pain; but I am greatly consoled by my knowledge of your own very deep faith which will fill you with the certainity that Jesus and His own Most Blessed Mother are walking step by step along the road with you at this most terrible time.

    He is in the arms of a God who loves, a generous and most merciful Father.

    I'll be praying for you at the Feet of Mary and waling beside you on feet of prayer, thanks for sharing this Gail, I feel for you.
     
  7. Rain

    Rain Powers

    Oh no, Gail, I am so saddened by the news. This wasn't what I expected to see here today. I wish I could reach through this computer to hug you. I wish my mom could talk to you because she went through something similar with the loss of my father -- far from home on vacation, massive heart attack, she tried to give CPR (she was all alone though) and he died anyway. What a terrible, terrible loss and horrible shock. You are in my prayers and heavy in my thoughts. May God give you strength in this difficult road ahead and many prayers for the soul of your spouse.
     
  8. bflocatholic

    bflocatholic Powers

    Gail- you have my heartfelt prayers as well. Rest assured that each one of us on the forum is with you and your family in parayer during this trial!
     
  9. Lee

    Lee Principalities

    You are the very dear souls I depend upon daily and in this moment are bringing so much comfort. I want to print every word out and carry them with me all day long.

    We were coming back from a week long fishing trip in the Easter Sierras of California a place my husband had been visiting since childhood, June Lake.
    He wanted to fish on the way home and we went to his favorite river, the West Carson, just over the hill from Lake Tahoe.
    Rick, my brother, Steve and I had bought little sandwiches to eat in the shade of a pine tree. My Stephen finished before us and was agitated, wanted to start fishing. I told him to go ahead up the trail, that Rick and I would be right behind him.
    I came upon a clearing and saw his legs laying all akimbo and knew something was horribly wrong, rushed to his side He was bleeding from the mouth and nose, from the fall I believe. I rolled him over and started compressions, my brother came right behind me and started the breathes. My brother had a whistle on his fishing vest which I blew to in between compressions.After about 20 minutes, someone came and called 911. Then these two men, very versed in CPR appeared, took over and after 30 minutes or so the Paramedics came and administered eppi and the paddles. It was to no fruition. He didn't respond.
    Later as my brother and I were talking we came to the conclusion that he had probably died before we even got there, which was only about 5 minutes after he left us.
    At one point I had to cross the river and wave down the paramedics. As I stood in the field I prayed and told Jesus that I knew he was in charge, I knew this was his will whatever it was and that just to lead me to where he wanted me to go, what he wanted me to do. I was very aware of a peace sweeping over me, I know Mother was there and Padre Pio was, as always there to help me as well.
    It was very surrealistic, as the shock is the protector, still is.
    Please continue to pray us through this, I have no idea the path that lays before me but I do know that Our Lady has always guided me and wouldn't leave me here in the present or in my future.
    Thank you, you touch my heart.
    Gail
     
  10. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I don't know if this will help,Gail , but he was called home in a place he really loved, doing things that he really loved, with people he really loved and who really loved him; as well as this he could have felt little or no pain. These are no small things., great graces..and not ones everyone gets.

    Praying away still for you all.
     
  11. Seán

    Seán New Member

    Praying for you all, Gail. God bless.
     
  12. maryrose

    maryrose Powers

    Gail,
    I havent been on the forum for some days as I was at Our lady's shrine at Knock. I am deeply sorry for your loss. I will pray for you this evening.

    Jesus & Mary are walking with you on this path.

    God rest your dear husbands soul.

    Mary
     
  13. Kathleen

    Kathleen New Member

    Gail: Your family and your husband will be in my prayers. My guess is that while he didn't know our lord independantly here on earth, he has met him through you and so recognized him at the crucial moment. Our prayers will carry him up to heaven. Jesus, Mary and Joseph be with you and your family, Hugs from Kath
     
  14. Rain

    Rain Powers

    Gail, I find myself thinking of you often. I have trouble praying these days, but I offer up short prayers for you and your husband throughout the day. May the love of Christ and His holy mother surround you.
     
  15. Lee

    Lee Principalities

    Dear lovely forum,
    You are in my prayers of thanksgiving daily, I just don't have time now to connect well. There have been so many miracles from your prayers, we, are doing well because of them. Today was a crushing day but it ended with laughter and tears, now for some illusive sleep.
    I hold all your prayers and well wishes in my heart of hearts, thank you so much. I'll catch up with you a bit later, again, many many thanks for all that you have offered.

    Gail
     
  16. Kathleen

    Kathleen New Member

    You can rely on us to keep praying. Take care of yourself and your loved ones. Kath
     
  17. maryn

    maryn Angels

    Gail,

    I was shocked to hear your sad news and I will keep you, your husband and family in my prayers.

    Mary
     
  18. Lee

    Lee Principalities

    thank you thank you, the mass is tomorrow at 5:00 pm.
    Today as I said a prayer with my prayer warrior girl friends I had the distinct impression someone was smiling at me from beyond the veil....I loved it!
     
  19. Mario

    Mario Powers

    Lee,

    What can I say? The cry of my heart is all I can offer! I will be in prayer with you tomorrow! :cry:

    Safe in the Father's Arms!
     
  20. bflocatholic

    bflocatholic Powers

    Lee,

    Your strength and faith is inspiring... I will continue to keep you, your husband and your family in my prayers.

    BC
     

Share This Page