Ireland has fallen

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by AidanK, Feb 24, 2018.

  1. Dolours

    Dolours Guest

    Is he still in the parish? Kudos to his Bishop if he wasn't moved or if his Bishop didn't issue an abject apology on his behalf.

    There are some good priests. The priests in our parish are good but picking Communion off a tray doesn't sit well with me. I think they may have stopped doing that but I don't go to Mass there for various reasons, not least because the church building is very much in the style of the "spirit" of Vatican 11.

    Sometimes I go to Mass in the Augustinian, Carmelite or Capuchin churches but I prefer the Dominicans. The Dominicans are fastidious in the celebration of Holy Mass. There's great devotion to the Blessed Mother in that church, and they promote the First Saturday devotions. They're not in-you-face fire and brimstone preachers but neither do they go off on a tangent about the latest news headlines. I nearly fell off my seat recently when the priest told us that they are not social workers but are here to lead us to Jesus and that any priest who isn't doing so is in serious trouble. His tone very very gentle but firm and there was no doubt that he believed every word of it.
     
    josephite, Sam, AED and 2 others like this.
  2. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    I haven't read Dodd, but I did read the book by the French nurse who discovered incriminating papers on a priest mortally injured in a car-crash. Similar infiltration occurred in Europe. Much of the Church has been deceived into falling for one of the temptations of Our Lord in the desert by the devil-that stones ought to be changed into bread, that salvation is a wordly aspiration rather than a Heavenly Hope.
     
    josephite, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  3. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I avoid going to buy toilet paper .

    I avoid going shopping.

    I avoid public transport.

    Not because of the virus. But because of fear. I'm leaving them all to it.
     
    Sanctus and AED like this.
  4. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I've just opted out of the whole deal.

    As far as I can no masks, no shit. It's not really happening.

    I'm just going to get on with life.
     
    AidanK, Sanctus, Booklady and 2 others like this.
  5. AED

    AED Powers

    I read that book as well. Yes a good insight. The temptations of Christ in the desert.
     
    Booklady and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  6. AED

    AED Powers

    Avoid the news. That's the first thing. I truly think there is a electronic frequency in those MSM broadcasters that agitates the soul. And then as you say just avoid the fear filled masses as much as possible.
     
    Booklady likes this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    I read it, also. Good post, DeGaulle.
     
    AED likes this.
  8. Adoremus

    Adoremus Powers

    Booklady, AED, DeGaulle and 1 other person like this.
  9. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    Oh, there have been far more deadly snakes than that in Ireland for quite a while, now.
     
  10. AED

    AED Powers

    Adoremus, Booklady and DeGaulle like this.
  11. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    The ageing Flannery has been like this for as long as I remember. He'll be quite surprised to discover, when he meets his Maker, that he himself is not, in fact, God. He needs our prayers, God help him.
     
    HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  12. Dolours

    Dolours Guest

    Yes. It's very sad. One of the comments suggested that he apply for a job in McDonald's. Can you imagine what would happen if an employee in McDonald's spent his time telling customers what's wrong with the Big Mac. He'd be handed his P45 before he got to utter the words "will you have fries with that?".
     
    DeGaulle and Booklady like this.
  13. Mario

    Mario Powers

    :cry::cry::cry:
     
    Booklady likes this.
  14. Dolours

    Dolours Guest

    I wouldn't let that keep me away from Mass and receiving Holy Communion.

    Most churches here have the tape and bright yellow stickers on the pews saying "sit here" or "don't sit here". We also have big arrows on the floor for a one way system and "Entry only" or "Exit only" signs on the doors. Our church has had hand sanitiser since long before the covid scare. No church has holy water in the fonts. You can bring your own holy water. Before the current lockdown our church was closed two days per week for deep cleaning - that's in addition to the pews being cleaned after every Mass.

    The Augustinians have a cleverly designed gadget for the hand sanitiser. It's dispensed by stepping on a lever on the floor so no hands touch the bottle. I have only seen perspex screens used at online Masses. If I'm receiving in the hand I rub my hands with sanitiser before approaching the altar.

    Although it seems weird, I think that the tongs would be better than picking Communion off a tray because you aren't self-administering the Sacrament as happened in our parish. Have they given any reason for leaving straight after Communion? That's very strange. Does it mean you miss the blessing at the end of Mass?

    It's hard for priests to please everyone. My sister and I are in the same parish. I was appalled at the Communion on trays. She thought it a very sensible safety measure and she's a lot more devout than me.

    Don't deny yourself the graces of being present at Mass and receiving the Blessed Eucharist because the priest is doing what he considers best to keep Mass open to the faithful. Sometimes what looks like abuse might not be abuse.
     
    maryrose, DeGaulle, AED and 1 other person like this.
  15. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    Thanks -- you leave after communion as they want only one movement of people.

    I am going to find another Mass in some other parish.
     
    AED likes this.
  16. Adoremus

    Adoremus Powers

    We have the TLM twice a month now in Waterford (used to be once a month) and it seems to be drawing more people all the time. I have to travel nearly an hour for it but I try to go if possible, it's worth it. No nonsense :)
     
    DeGaulle, AidanK, AED and 1 other person like this.
  17. Scolaire Bocht

    Scolaire Bocht Archangels

    You should try the SSPX, they are doing ordinary masses. Personally I wouldn't attend a mass like Garabandal describes, it seems very wrong to me.
     
    AED likes this.
  18. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    In our parish, one receives communion and then leaves, but this all occurs after the priest has given his blessing.
     
    Dolours and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  19. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    I am glad someone else feels the way I do. It feels very wrong to me too.

    And I love Mass. But the abuses are just horrendous. To me it is like a mockery of the Last Supper. Putting the host through the perspex 'letter box' was the last straw for me in our parish.
     
  20. Indy

    Indy Praying

    Nice piece here on Irish history, I particularly like how these people are trying to head the division between Catholics and Protestants in Ireland and that sectarianism is all about a division pushed by cultural Marxists in Sinn Fein and on the other side. Many brave Irish patriots of the past were protestants.

     

Share This Page