He who lives by the sword dies by the sword. I brought a lot of the violence on my own head by being violent myself. But it is a kind of chicken and egg thing. A lot of violence was done to my family first.
One of the most wonderful encouragements to say the rosary are the 15 promises. https://ewtn.no/the-15-promises-for-those-who-pray-the-holy-rosary-every-catholic-should-know/ 1. To all those who shall pray my Rosary devoutly, I promise my special protection and great graces. 2. Those who shall persevere in the recitation of my Rosary will receive some special grace. 3. The Rosary will be a very powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, deliver from sin, and dispel heresy. 4. The Rosary will make virtue and good works flourish, and will obtain for souls the most abundant divine mercies. It will draw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means. 5. Those who trust themselves to me through the Rosary will not perish. 6. Whoever recites my Rosary devoutly reflecting on the mysteries, shall never be overwhelmed by misfortune. He will not experience the anger of God nor will he perish by an unprovided death. The sinner will be converted; the just will persevere in grace and merit eternal life. 7. Those truly devoted to my Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church. 8. Those who are faithful to recite my Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces and will share in the merits of the blessed. 9. I will deliver promptly from purgatory souls devoted to my Rosary. 10. True children of my Rosary will enjoy great glory in heaven. 11. By the recitation of the Rosary you shall obtain all that you ask of me. 12. To those who propagate my Rosary I promise aid in all their necessities. 13. I have obtained from my Son that all the members of the Rosary Confraternity shall have as their intercessors, in life and in death, the entire celestial court. 14. Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are my beloved children, the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ. 15. Devotion to my Rosary is a special sign of predestination. Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for us!
Pope St John Paul said the most wonderful, wise thing about the rosary when he visited still Communist rosary. He said we should have the courage to say it publically when we say it as a witness to others. To have it out there in our hands. Not to keep it hidden.
Pope Benedict had a great devotion to the rosary too. They have a replica of the Lourdes Grotto in the Vatican Garden and he used to invite his staff to go down there every day to say the rosary.
A few days ago we saw a man praying the rosary while he walked into the grocery store. It left quite the impression on us and inspired my husband to start carrying his rosary around with him everywhere.
I've got so used to using my fingers to count the Rosary. I tend to say it when I'm driving to and from work. Consequently I've no beads. Even when I'm walking I use my fingers . Wonder if anyone else is like me??
Gaza update. 74,000 killed 25,000 of which children. These are bodies accounted for not considering those bodies trapped under the rubble. 90% of the population of 1.8 million displaced. 90% of schools and hospitals destroyed. So what’s next?
Thanks Anne for your witness. Alyce and I are on the 40 Days For Life line this morning at 10am. Looks like we will be graced by nice weather. Will keep everyone's intentions in our Rosary
I use my fingers sometimes too. But my mother taught me that it is better to use an actual blessed rosary, because it is a sacramental and draws down more graces! Also it is incredibly comforting to grasp a rosary in your hand when you need Mary. It's like holding her hand.
Yes, it can be a quiet witness. When I fly, I always have my beads with me. I don't hold them up for all to see, but can be a silent witness to the person sitting next to me, that someone else is there with us as I use them to help me silently pray. And if he or she does inquire I like to assure them that I've included them in my prayer as well. If they probe further I'll share the story of my Mom's faithfulness to the daily Rosary.
A travesty that cries to Heaven! Lord have Mercy on the Palestinians and bring President Trump to his senses so that support for Israel will be tempered by proper treatment for the Palestinians.
I do use my fingers sometime when I forget my beads, but I much prefer the beads. The beads are a Sacramental and thus have their own power. I read a visionary one time who said she asked Our Lady how to say the rosary. The first thing Mary said was to grasp the cross on the rosary and to use the Cross itself to make the Sign of the Cross. So she was using the actual beads themselves as an aid. Also when she appears she actually holds the beads themselves. When she appeared at La Salette she had a Cross around her neck and the figure of Christ on the Cross actually turned and moved as though in agony. There is great lessons for us all in this.
Thank you, alyce and Anne for your witness and prayers. It is just taking that step, sometimes, that brings us closer to God.
It sounds like a terrible time Padraig, but you are here now . I'm so thankful for this forum. To pray for people who are holding onto that Rosary for dear life and being prayed for in return is priceless. Thank you
I used to do the same thing in the car. Holding the Rosary driving was a little difficult... I get distracted so easily so it definitely worked.
Yes i do the same in the car. And I tend to use a rosary ring during the family rosary and keep it in my pocket at all times when outside of the house.