More prayers for Aoife. Yes, this lockdown has been terribly destructive. I am concerned about the emotional scars that it will leave on so many vulnerable individuals. With the grace of God Aoife will recover, and have her life back soon.
Very well put. These vulnerable people are the forgotten ones. They can't express their 'outrage'. In fact, 'outrage' is an alien thing to them. Love is their only engine of survival. God bless them all. I will soon be getting back to the hospital to relieve my wife from her shift (Covid rules imply that only one of us can stay with Aoife at a time). Words can't express my thanks for everyone's concern. [I have trued to 'like' every comment. Please forgive me if I've missed any-it would have been completely unintentional, but concentration is not quite 100% right now].
I've only just discovered this thread DeGaulle your daughter and family are in my prayers. May Our Dearest Mother Mary be a Mother to you and your family, especially Aoife at this moment and forever. Amen
Sorry for delay in reporting in. In Ireland, the one thing more difficult than getting into hospital is getting out of it! Thanks be to God, Aoife, my wife and I have returned home. Aoife seems quite well. All her vitals have been found to be working quite well and that is after an x-ray, a ct, an eeg, two mri's and multiple other tests. The consultants do not know what caused the original emergency trauma and were honest enough to admit it. This is both consoling and worrying, consoling in that no pathology was obvious, but worrying that it might repeat. Anyway, we hope for the best. I am sure of one thing; lockdown isolation and its resultant anxiety and depression was definitely a factor. This convinces me that the 'cure' is about to prove itself far worse than the disease. Thanks to everybody who has prayed and showed such concern. That Aoife has emerged from such an acute, traumatic, event without any detectable damage, an outcome that seemed most unlikely a week ago, tells its own story. She also seems a lot less anxious.