Prayers for my oldest daughters

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by BlessedMomma, Oct 5, 2026 at 4:46 PM.

  1. BlessedMomma

    BlessedMomma New Member

    I have 5 girls and my oldest 2 are venturing into the world. My oldest is a freshman at a wonderful very conservative Christian college. It is beautiful the way these kids and teachers speak about Jesus and against the culture in the world. Pro-life quotes written on the sidewalks, professors speaking against the liberal ideologies in class. But…. It’s not Catholic. My daughter is attending “Chapel” twice a week at school, “Church” (a Christian music concert with a TED talk) every Sunday with all her friends, a young adults group once a week & is in 2 Bible studies. All such beautiful things!!! More than many Catholics her age. But…. She “doesn’t have time” for Mass too. she’s living on campus, about 45mins away. She knows the Catholic Church is the real deal. She had an experience during a retreat in high school that brought her so close to the Eucharist. But now… it’s the social stuff. She had me host 14 of her friends for a dinner this weekend and it was beautiful! They had one of the boys lead them in prayer before dinner. Played games, played dolls with her little sisters. A solid group. But I worry about her not attending Mass. what do you do??? I don’t want to keep bringing up and annoying her. But I also want to do what I’m supposed to do. We’re a very tight family. She comes home for dinner at least once a week. Wants to live near us when she buys a home. I don’t want to ruin that. She’s a busy 2 sport athlete with a boyfriend. Boyfriend is a nice boy. Loves Jesus. Talks about the importance of leading his future family to Christ. All the right things. I do feel he would attend Mass with her and raise kids in the Catholic Church, if she brought it up. But that conversation hasn’t happened. How much do I say something? She didn’t take the Eucharist last time she attended Mass, as she had missed Mass a couple times prior to that. But was still very reverent and involved. I know she knows. But is so consumed with her new world. Help!!

    Then there’s daughter number 2…. We moved states last year. Oldest 2 grew up in Catholic schools and attended one year at a Christian school after the moved. Honestly more faith there than all their Catholic schools they attended over the years. She’s homeschooling her senior year as she’s already starting her post secondary education. She went to homecoming dance with her friends this weekend and proceeded to tell me about a boy in her friend group that is coming into the Catholic Church on his own, against his parents wishes, after asking more questions and doing his own research at his Protestant church. Getting confirmed this spring. I said this is the kind of man she needs to think about dating! She said he’s a really great friend but not super “cool”. he’s definitely interested in her. How do you get your kids to see the important things that matter? Her current education path is in the beauty industry, so not a lot of ways to meet a guy there. She would never attend a young adult group on her own, and since her sister (they’re only a year apart) attends Protestant ones I haven’t pushed it.

    both my big girls watched our “reversion” and when we started taking our faith seriously. About 6 years ago. Became friends with our priest, had him over for dinner often, started attending a very reverent church, so they know and they’ve seen the difference. But we missed the boat on being able to homeschool them their entire schooling, getting them involved in Co-op, and surrounding them with the right people. We’ve done better with our next 3 kids. So praying something more sticks.

    what do you do?? How do you just stand by? Again, we are a very close family and our girls all like spending time with us. We don’t want to ruin that. But I care more about their souls than anything. This is why I pray for an Illumination of Conscience to occur in our near future. They would do great things with their Protestant friends, I’m certain of it!

    Seasoned parents…. Help me out, please!!!
     
  2. Mario

    Mario Powers

    My humble input: as parents, the most potent and powerful protection is to place one's children under the Mantle of Our Lady. Secondly, your daughter's witnessing a Protestant friend choosing to become Catholic will only compliment your parental guidance thus far. In raising 6 children ourselves, I've seen the powerful influence Geralyn has had on our children. Your prayers work wonders! The devil, on the other hand, wants to transform your justified motherly concerns into anxiety; rebuke him. The Rosary is a great covering for our children, whether or not they are still at home. Your maternal influence and love remains true and strong!:) The Lord will honor that.
     
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2026 at 11:34 PM
  3. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    As Terry says we can only entrust all of this at the feet of Jesus delivered by our Holy Mother's hands.
    As a father of 7 very beautiful children aging from 32 to 10 years old I learnt very quickly that its only leading by example and trusting the Holy spirit that one has some sort of sanity with what the world throws at our children..

    A very recent example was my 15 year old son whom I noticed wasn't going up to communion I watched from a distance and when the 3rd occasion presented itself when Jesus actually came to him (the priest walked directly to him as he was administrating to a large crowd) I said to my son Jesus is coming to you please receive but he again refused, I left it for a week and had the opportunity to discuss it with him as we were taking a long drive a lot came up on that drive but at the end when he was getting out of the car I explained how much the soul needs food it can only be repaired by Jesus in the Eucharist. The Holy spirit swept in and actually knocked me off my feet, as my son entered the house my youngest 10 year old was practising his hyms for school the words at the top of his lungs rang out "Eat this bread,drink this cup,come to me and you'll never go hungry" well my 15 year old was gob smacked and went to communion this Sunday...
    Trust your children to God and the power of the Holy Spirit :love:
     
  4. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    What a beautiful blessing and a powerful testimony.:love:
     
  5. PurpleFlower

    PurpleFlower Powers

    Pray the Rosary every day and invite all of your children and even their friends to pray with you when they visit!

    If you can, pray more than one Rosary a day! Mary will do the rest.
     
  6. Mario

    Mario Powers

    :eek::eek::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:(y)(y)(y)!!!
     
    sparrow, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  7. Mario

    Mario Powers

    Another example of how God works all things to the good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose!:ROFLMAO:

    By the way Quis ut Deus, I just looked over my right shoulder; it sure seems that Therese's portrait was smiling!;)
     
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2026 at 12:11 AM
  8. AED

    AED Powers

    Thank you for this.
     
    HeavenlyHosts likes this.

Share This Page