Signs

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by themilitantcatholic, Sep 3, 2015.

  1. padraig

    padraig Powers

    1 Thessalonians 5:6

    Therefore let us not sleep, as do others, but let us watch and be sober.

    [​IMG]
     
  2. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    It could be one of two things-denial in the vain hope that everything might go away or resignation and a leaving of it all in the Hands of God; or, as in my own case, a fluctuating mixture of the two.

    I followed events in detail at the beginning of the US/Israel attack on Iran, but found it was only greatly upsetting me to no avail.

    It’s hard to make predictions, especially about the future, as the old quip went.
     
  3. padraig

    padraig Powers

    It is not the actions of the truly evil that concerns me.

    It is the silence of the good or lukewarm, such as our Bishops and Cardinals that most concerns me.
     
  4. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    Of the first twelve bishops, one betrayed Christ and all the rest bar John ran away. Nothing new under the su(O)n.
     
  5. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Exactly
     
  6. Katfalls

    Katfalls Powers

    Is Europe falling apart? France, England, Spain, Ireland, protests with violence. October is in chaos it seems.
     
    Mary's child and Pax Prima like this.
  7. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Apparently in the USA and elsewhere teachers are leaving their professions because the young people are so unteachable. They even physically attack their teachers and make teaching impossible.

    The rioting by the young in France is horrible. They even burn down their own schools.

    1 Peter 5:5
    Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

     
  8. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    Rethought it during the night. To be more precise, I slept on it.

    Alright, we can leave Judas out of it. The modern Judases are those trying to wreck The Church. But, the rest of the Apostles did face real physical danger. They certainly didn’t cover themselves in glory that time…but they did later.

    Man is a peculiar creature. Our current orthodox Cardinals and Bishops, with very few exceptions, seem as terrified of cancellation, mockery and internet verbal chastisement as the Apostles were of physical persecution.

    It strikes me that all of the Apostles that ran away eventually had to suffer the fate they fled. The only Apostle spared execution was the one who didn’t run away. There might be a lesson for our modern leaders in this irony…
     
    Mario, Mary's child and Dave Fagan like this.
  9. Katfalls

    Katfalls Powers

    I live in the US and have not heard of teachers leaving their jobs or students hitting them. What I do see is more home schooling where parents are teaching their kids. The quality of education and the indoctrination of kids is awful. But homeschooling requires certain standards to be met. Sadly sports are pushed in schools, above the basics like reading.
     
  10. InVeritatem

    InVeritatem Archangels

    Changes to cannon law are a big deal. The big question in my mind is - does Pope Leo have the authority to implement these changes? Well, he clearly does as the Supreme Pontiff. Peter was given the keys of the Kingdom and told that whatever he binds on earth will be bound in Heaven and whatever he looses on earth will be loosed in Heaven. Case closed. But to change cannon law such that the infallibility of the sensus fidelium is placed higher than that of the Pope. That seems to me to be like Peter saying, 'I have the authority to give the keys to whoever I like!' Does Peter have the authority to give the keys to the sensus fidelium?

    You can see where this might lead. I hope I am not sensationalising or exagerating, but if the sensus fidelium was that abortion is permitted and even desirable, on the grounds of mercy, up to say 12 weeks gestation then Church Doctrine could in the future change. It is said that more than 50 percent of Church going Catholics in Ireland voted for abortion in Ireland. So is that the sensus fidelium? I fear that changes such as this to cannon law could be catastrophic for the Church.
     
  11. Katfalls

    Katfalls Powers

    Thinking about the Pope visiting France and how hundreds of thousands turned out for him. Then seeing the desecration this week. A picture of dark and light, holy vs unholy. Right before our eyes. Wake up people! I have more thoughts on this too. Will see how things unfold.
     
  12. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    If a pope interpreted the keys as being able to concede his authority to the laity, I can’t logically see any reason that he can’t hand them to the population of Hell.
     
  13. Katfalls

    Katfalls Powers

    I was just looking at how many countries Our Blessed Mother has appeared. This is the list:
    Mary has been reported to appear in countries including Mexico, France, Portugal, Rwanda, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Venezuela, the Philippines, Argentina, the United States, Japan, and Spain.
    They don’t have Egypt listed but I have seen pics of her there.
    I’m thinking of the conversion of Russia and the Pope visiting France. Something to be watchful for. There is much happening in the world right now. The Bishops in America want Our Lady of Guadalupe displayed in every church. I’m feeling the time is getting short for her to crush the head of the serpent.
     
  14. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared as an expectant mother. Hopefully this will
    bring about change in the abortion rate. The Bishops in America are also concerned with the alarming use of the abortion pill. I remember a headline recently in Spirit Daily about how there might be testing for the abortion drug in our water supply. Just think about the ramifications of that.
     
    Pax Prima, DeGaulle and Mary's child like this.
  15. Mario

    Mario Powers

    I will never fail to trust in God and the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart, but never did I think there would be so many hiccups along the way!:eek::censored::notworthy::love:
     
  16. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    my sentiments exactly.
     
  17. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I believe we were told in Prophecy that at the very moment when all would seem lost the Triumph of Immaculate Heart would come.

    It seems we are drawing closer and closer to that moment.

    We must be patient with those who are deceived by all the evil going on. The devil is very,very clever. Sometimes facing grim truths can be very difficult. I am afraid many many very good and holy people have had the wool pulled over their eyes.
     
  18. AED

    AED Powers

    I would like very much to hear your thoughts. I have some of my own. These events in France seem to be the battlefield at this time in history. Between dark and light. I felt the burning of Notre Dame was the horrible " kickoff" to evil's bid for total power.
     
  19. Luan Ribeiro

    Luan Ribeiro Powers

  20. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    If that’s true, we really have come under the sway of the devil’s riding crop.
     
    Mary's child and HeavenlyHosts like this.

Share This Page