We just went through a typhoon here in Northern California, or at least it seemed like one. We had severe power outages along with great rains. It's so early in fall here that the leaves haven't even changed yet so they just acted as sails in the wind and ripped tree after tree out of the ground. The water fell from the sky in sheets and then it went side ways! The El Nino is back!
There used to be a time when people were simple and innocent enough to see such things and wonder how they had offended God. Of course we are far to 'sophisticated' and 'educated' to do that now. But if the world had the sense to obey God without sin , nature itself would reflect our friendship with heaven. I suppose the closet we come to this is with the 'Greens' who point out than we do not love the planet their our consequences. Perhaps this is the same thing as the old folks thinking our sins will jump back up to us and bite us. In my distress, O Lord, I called to you, and you answered me. From the deep in the world of the dead I called to you, I cried for help and you heard me. You threw me down into the depths, to the very bottom of the sea, where the waters were all around me, and your mighty waves rolled over me. I thought I had been banished from your presence and would never see your holy temple again. The water came over me and choked me; the sea covered me completely, the seaweed wrapped around my head. I went down to the very roots of the mountains, into the land whose gates lock shut forever. But you, O Lord my God, brought me back from the depths alive....
Any correlation here, duh ya think? By Dan Smith mailto:smith@sacbee.com Published: Monday, Oct. 12, 2009 - 8:17 am Last Modified: Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2009 - 12:38 pm Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has signed two gay rights bills, one honoring late activist Harvey Milk and another recognizing same-sex marriages performed in other states. In the last of hundreds of bill actions taken before midnight Sunday, Schwarzenegger approved the two bills by Sen. Mark Leno, D-San Francisco. The governor last year vetoed the measure declaring May 22 a state day of recognition for Milk, suggesting that the former San Francisco supervisor be honored locally. But he subsequently named him to the California Hall of Fame. Leno's SB 54, meanwhile, requires California to recognize marriages performed in other states where same sex marriage is legal. Couples legally married in other states before Proposition 8 was approved last November will be considered legally married in California. In addition, couples legally married in other states after the measure was approved will not be considered married in California but will be afforded "the same legal protections available to couples that enter into civil unions or domestic partnerships in other states," Schwarzenegger wrote in his signing message. "In short, this measure honors the will of the People in enacting Proposition 8 while providing important protections to those unions legally entered into in other states," the governor wrote. Editor's Note: This story has been changed from an earlier version to clarify the provisions of SB 54. Corrected on Oct. 13, 2009. Editor's Note: Commenting on this story was closed because of abusive comments that included hate speech and personal attacks.
I watched a little of the bio film on Harvey Milk. Not too much as I found it impossible to view too long as it was obscene. One thing struck me is how far , how fast we have come in the case of homosexual 'rights' . Its so easy to forget that just a little while ago, not only was it illegal but their were laws that were vigorously enforced. Its bit like a huge dragon, give them a little and they want more and more and more....there is a real strident extraordinary exhibitionism in many of them that wants to really throw it in your face. The root of all this is having a guilty soul, I suspect. I have the greatest sympathy , though with folks who struggle with all this. I know a priest who has several nervous breakdowns. He is a wonderful person. But in his eyes are great pain