The Feast of the Mother of God.

Discussion in 'Mother of God' started by padraig, Dec 28, 2009.

  1. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Well as the Feast of the Mother of God Jan 1st is coming up I thought it would be good to recall why we love Our Blessed Lady. Please join in with your own reasons.

    Especially is there anything about her that is special to a Marian spirituality?

    I think the one thing I come back to again and again and again is her extraordinary holiness. Mirjana asked Our Lady why she is so beautiful and she said that it is because she loves and that anyone who loves can share in this beauty. For that is what holiness is, simply the to be loving. For instance we can listen to a hundred wonderful and wise sermons and remain unchanged. But to meet one truly holy person even for a few seconds will always have a profound effect. For instance with Mother Teresa of Calcutta. An unbelieving BBC team were the first to discover her and the interviewer, Malcolm Muggeridge became a believer and helped bring her light to the entire world. The argument that won these men was the light of holiness. of love, of example. A million words might never , ever have touched their hearts.

    The same of course for Padre Pio. Countless poor sinners who had been away from God for all their adult lives became devout believers after encountering Padre Pio.

    But though these two are very great saints they are just like little stars compared to the sun of Mary. A statue a picture of Mary , a medal hung around an unbelievers neck, any chink of Marys light can work tremendous wonders.

    My computer is at it again , I'll have to stop a while...
     
  2. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    Our Blessed Mother was truly the handmaid of the Lord. She had extraordinary faith but the quality that most attracts her to me is her humility and her love, a beautiful combination. Mary of course co-operated fully with God's grace to reach perfection. In all her choices she honoured God and undid the knot of Eve's disobedience so she is the mother of God and the mother of all who believe. She is the New Eve and Christ the New Adam. In heaven we shall not be able to take our eye's off Mary, Queen of Heaven.
     
  3. bflocatholic

    bflocatholic Powers

    There are many things I love about the Blessed Mother. I love her humility. I love her selflessness. I love her unconditional love for all of us. I also love her toughness- she has a real strength about her. Although she is humble, beautiful, meek and mild, I think that we cannot underestimate her strength! Our Blessed Mother is no pushover, that's for sure!!
     
  4. Mario

    Mario Powers

    My little son, am I not your Mother.Do not fear.

    These words to Juan Diego, spoken in 1531, are also for each of us today. Mary's mission and character are forever inseparable. My son, my daughter...I am your Mom. You are my child.

    Safe under the loving gaze of the Christ Child.
     
  5. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    Because of her greatness and holiness God, in this present age of sin and darkness, wishes to make our Lady known to the world. She is God's 'best kept secret' and the time is right to reveal her to the World as Advocate, Mediatrix and Co-Redemptrix. God has sent her to the world for a purpose beyond our comprehension. I have said this before that we are very fortunate to live in the Great Marian Age of Church history. We are living through a great Biblical period of world history, the Great Red Dragon vs The Lady Clothed with the Sun the Moon at her feet. She is the new Moses leading us out of the desert of darkness and sin and into the Holy Land of Light and Faith. She is Mother of the New Dawn and the Mother of the Coming Era of Peace. She has come to birth us into Holiness and she is our role-model and guide in this era of disobedience. She will crush the head of Satan and this present generation will see the triumph of her Immaculate Heart.

    Dear friends - let us give Mary our hearts to purify and we will be set on fire by 'divine love'.
     

Share This Page