The Hallway

Discussion in 'Mother of God' started by padraig, Jan 4, 2009.

  1. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Our Lady has been invitiing me in prayer to set aside a period of increased prayerfulness and fasting and reflection in the period leading now right on up to Easter . She says it is like a 'silver hallway' of grace to prepare folks for the coming year and the events to come. She has asked me in prayer to invite those who read this to consider setting apart this time too in this silver hallway of grace and waiting, She promises great preparatary graces for those who do so and to walk there with them. I have already started this journey and already and feeling very great graces, so if you feel drawn to do so by the Holy Spirit in setting this period apart for the Mother of God , I feel Our Lady will help us in this to to understand the Signs of the Times.

    God Bless.
     
  2. Seán

    Seán New Member

    Thank you, Padraig,

    I have begun to do so to an extent already. I will redouble my efforts.

    Sean
     
  3. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    Padraig,

    Thank you and our Mother for the wonderful invitation:
    'to set aside a period of increased prayerfulness and fasting and reflection'.

    What are the best ways of achieving this?

    Rosary, Scripture reading, adoration, fasting and so on?
     
  4. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Yes, as Our Lady has requested at her apparition sites and as the Holy Spirit leads us.

    I think I will send word of this to Michael Brown on Spirit Daily and hope he may pubicise this a little.
     
  5. maryrose

    maryrose Powers

    Padraig,
    I too feel this call and I and my family hope to do a bit more in preparation from now on.

    God bless
    Mary
     
  6. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Mary,

    I sent a little link to Spirit Daily on this, please say a little prayer that he publishes this so other souls can pray through this time too, I believe Our Lady would very much like this.
     
  7. Rain

    Rain Powers

    Hi Padraig:

    Forgive me for being a pest, but this Silver Hallway devotion is a bit vague in my mind, so I have to ask:

    What are the specifics to this Silver Hallway Devotion? How much extra time should we be spending in prayer? Fasting . . . how, what, when? What kind of graces did she mention?

    I'd like to get it right. Thanks.
     
  8. padraig

    padraig Powers

    hi Deanna,

    I just felt called apart to pray and give more time to God, no specifics, but I would suspect it is in line with what Our Lady has been asking, again and again. Then later I had a prayerful feeling Our Lady wanted me to make this request on the forum too. As to the graces I only felt that they were 'great graces'.
     
  9. Rain

    Rain Powers

    Ok. I like the sound of "great graces'. Thanks for explaining.
     
  10. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Do you not get the feeling in your heart at the minute, Deanna, like a trumpet blowing in time of war and danger, a deep call to prayer... a call to arms to get spiritually ready??
     
  11. Rain

    Rain Powers

    Yes, Padraig, I do. There have been moments as of late that I feel the presence of the Lord so very close. Strangely enough, as of late, whenever I come to the Mother of God forum, I suddenly feel a twinge of joy, mixed with a calling to draw closer to Jesus. Don't know why, probably my imagination. Then again maybe it has something to do with my friends here who are praying for me. BTW, thank you and God bless all of you. The need to prepare is heavy in my mind, but I keep letting personal issues get in the way. I feel like I'm entering the battle unarmed, not able to rise to the challenge.
     
  12. Seán

    Seán New Member

    Rain, you pointed out a good fact there, about us praying for each other. I feel we should make sure to always keep each other (all forum members) in one's prayer petitions, as it is a beautifully effective way to obtain mutual graces.
    I remember and pray for all of the members of this forum every day.


    Seán
     
  13. maryrose

    maryrose Powers

    Sean,
    I too raise you all up at mass everyday. This group is like a little outpost in the wild west so its important to support each other. We have been called here for some reason.
    I think my family are all aware at some level but one of my daughters gets really annoyed if I mention anything about needing to prepare. She is scared I think and likes to keep her head in the sand. I hope my preparation will help her.

    Mary
     
  14. Lee

    Lee Principalities

    I too lift us all in prayer regularly, sometimes out of the blue (or the night) I'm urged to pray for us.

    My family is blind and totally against hearing anything of preparation for anything but dinner!
    They think I've gone 'round the bend. It falls on deaf ears I'm afraid. All the more reason for me to increase prayer and fasting.

    You are all an oasis in the wilderness for me and have become part of my own, and I give thanksgiving gladly.
    Lee
     
  15. Mario

    Mario Powers

    Glory to God!

    Amen, brother! Amen!

    From The Battle Hymn of the Republic

    ...He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
    He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat;
    Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet;
    Our God is marching on.
    Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
    Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.

    Pray on!

    Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!
     
  16. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Mazing Terry, I was just listening to the Battle Hymn of the Republic last night!! I sense the words are exactly attuned to the times. We are all Gods soldiers. Praise God!!

    I have read a fiery Gospel writ in burnished rows of steel;
    “As ye deal with My contemners, so with you My grace shall deal”;
    Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with His heel,
    Since God is marching on.
    Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
    Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Since God is marching on.


    'I awoke in the grey of the morn­ing, and as I lay wait­ing for dawn, the long lines of the de­sired po­em be­gan to en­twine them­selves in my mind, and I said to my­self, “I must get up and write these vers­es, lest I fall asleep and for­get them!” So I sprang out of bed and in the dim­ness found an old stump of a pen, which I re­mem­bered us­ing the day be­fore. I scrawled the vers­es al­most with­out look­ing at the p­aper.'

    Julia Howe
     

Share This Page