I recently received an annual MMP newsletter. Father Gobbi was always devoted the the Holy Rosary and I thought this quote from Our Lady to Father Gobbi is a reminder of how important this practice of saying the Rosary is. #264 "The Rosary is the golden chain that binds you to my Heart; it is the lighting rod that will keep far from you, and from those who are dear to you, the fire of the chastisement ; it is the sure means of having me always close to you."
The thought that occurs to me is that Our Lord never set aside His holy ones from the sufferings, persecutions, and chastisements that the world hurls against them. Not even Our Lady and St. Joseph were exempt. But so many now seem to believe they will be protected from chastisements and I do not understand that. The old adage "The blood of martyrs is the seedbed of Christians" still holds true, don't you think?
You've heard of " The Supper Club", well, Christianity should be called " The Suffer Club". (and there's only one way to join ).